There are 5 main things that make a good logo:
- Simple. (A simple logo design allows for easy recognition and allows the logo to be versatile & memorable. Good logos feature something unique without being overdrawn.) The Underground Logo is a great example of a simple logo as it is as simple as a Red Circle with a Blue box across it. This adds no clutter around the actual text but also makes it easy to read. The red circle and blue bar also are very iconic to the underground cause of the logos simple design.
- Memorable ( An effective logo design should be memorable and this is achieved by having a simple, yet, appropriate logo.) McDonald’s alongside Apple are two of the most memorable logos because of the simplicity and also the fact that it is easy to put anywhere. The Golden Arches are put everywhere, from tops to billboards to fluorescent signs that stand outside the many fast food places.
- Timeless (An effective logo should be timeless – that is, it will endure the ages. Will the logo still be effective in 10, 20, 50 years?) Many Companies change their logos to change with the times or with their image, however, a company that has had the same logo for ages is Coca-Cola. From January 31, 1893, the logo hasn’t changed due to the Coca-Cola logo has all the aspects of a good logo. The Color is only red and it can be put anywhere. The Font is always seeable and readable from any distance.
- Versatile (An effective logo should be able to work across a variety of mediums and applications. The logo should be functional. For this reason, a logo should be designed in vector format, to ensure that it can be scaled to any size. The logo should be able to work both in horizontal and vertical formats. This could be also cheated by making the logo, Black, and White.) Making a logo versatile allows it to be put everywhere. Some people create the logo is black and white.
- Appropriate (It is also important to state that a logo doesn’t need to show what a business sells or offers as a service. ie. Car logos don’t need to show cars, computer logos don’t need to show computers. The Harley Davidson logo isn’t a motorcycle, nor is the Nokia logo a mobile phone. A logo is purely for identification.)
I’ve never seen this logo but at first glance, the colours are a way to bright and I’m getting a headache staring at it. It’s also not simple and has a way to many things happening. Also the stroke of the word “CAZZ’S” is given a blurry look but this is probably the way the font was made that is creating this effect.